Dr. Jorge L Diez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jorge L Diez?

Very plasant experience

Wouldn't treat me unless I went back on a medication that I had a severe reaction to.

An office full of wanton fools.

These endocrinologists know NADA about the signs of acute adrenal crisis (I presented to their office with very low sodium levels (hyponatremia), a ten pound weight loss in ten days, severe dehydration, two nearly black eyes, and ketones and bacteria in my urine). Told them I thought I was in adrenal crisis and they wanted to run thyroid tests instead!! Which I did, and they lost half the results!! I asked if I should just go to the ER, and they said "Oh, let's do a (very expensive) thyroid scan first (in an attempt to delay diagnosis for another week!!). Frustrated, I called my PCP, showed her the low sodium levels, and based on my long history of secondary adrenal insufficiency due to pituitary dysfunction/autoimmune hypophysitis (which this office does not "believe" in by the way, they only treat MEN with Addison's and MEN with low testosterone and don't understand that the pituitary is the master gland and that a lot of women have pituitary issues after childbirth) and symptoms of acute adrenal crisis, prescribed me a high dose of glucocorticoids with a taper and saved my life. Glad that I did not go to St. Francis ER instead, because I would not be here today if I did. Do not go to any endocrinologist affiliated with St. Francis Hospital. Ever. Especially if you are female and have chronic fatigue. They rolled their eyes at me and said "Half the people who come in here are tired." Oh, that must be the female half. I asked, "Do you ever figure out what is causing it?" and they just shrugged. I wish I worked for the Department of Health. I would so yank their licenses. Hartford deserves much better.

Questionable billing practices and very overpriced

Dr. Diez's office visit rates are very high. I had CIGNA run Dr. Diez's billing codes for other Endocrinologists in the area and was shocked to find that somehow Dr. Diez has negotiated rates that are nearly 2x what most of his peers receive for the same code. I also questioned why I was charged the most expensive code for an office visit and received no response from Dr. Diez or his staff. Dr. Diez raised no concerns that my situation was this urgent and only spent a few minutes in the consultation. I have since transferred to another Endocrinologist in the area that is just as qualified and am receiving much lower bills for the same level of care.

I found DR. Diez a very personable doctor. He showed a genuine concern for my health and was very willing to try a natural approach to my high clolesteral. He also felt that my testotrone level was low and did need to be brought up. Another doctor felt my levels were appropriate even though the results themselves stated my levels were low.

Very Happy

I was impressed with Dr. Diez. He spent a lot of time talking and discussing options for my condition. I was amazed that he was willing to try alternative meds because of problems I was having with standard meds. I look forward to finding out how it will all work out.