Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jorge E Alvarez has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Jorge E Alvarez has the following 34 expertise
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Gynecologic disorders
- Reproductive Sterilization
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Women's Health
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
- Urinary Incontinence, Urge
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Inflammation of the Vulva and Vagina (Vulvovaginitis)
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Birth Control
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Fetal Ultrasound
- Ovarian Cancer
- Menstruation Disturbances
- Pap Smear
- Yeast Infection (Vulvovaginal Candidasis)
- Pelvic Exam
- Uterine Bleeding (Hematometra)
- Menstrual Pain
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- Vaginal Discharge
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Jorge E Alvarez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 15
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Jorge E Alvarez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Womens Center Of Lakewood Ranch Llc, 8340 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Ste 240, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Dr. Jorge E Alvarez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood Ranch, FL.