Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jorge G Gutierrez has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr is very serious but competent. His accent is heavy but he will take the most complete and thorough history that you ever had and listens to your issues. His physical exam is good and his diagonosis is based on solid history, exam and your complaint. I have had several procedures done and he did an excellent job. His bedside manner is not great but that's not why I am there. He spends time with you and does a great job; that's all I am after...has good follow up after visit and will answer your questions.
I recently saw Dr. Guitierrez at the Eisenhower Health Center at Plaza del Sol in Palm Springs. His examination was thorough and he was extremely courteous and professional. He addressed all aspects of my issues, explained everything and offerred pertinent suggestions. The offices were beautiful, I was seen almost immediately and would most certainly go back.
He has no personality and when answering questions about your health he tends to shake is head and roll his eyes as if discusted with your person! I had him for a colonoscopy and he found internal hemroids. He rubber banded them and in my followup visit I had mentioned that they were "worse than ever". He only commented "that is the first time I heard that", without any further interest to discuss just what "worse" meant to me. Forget this guy, typical "I don't care" attitude.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
52 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Jorge G Gutierrez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jorge G Gutierrez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Springs, CA.