Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jorge A Lagares-Garcia has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Rectal Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Bowel Resection
- Rectal Bleeding
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Rectal Pain
- Colon Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
Not only was he extremely rude, but I was worse after I got out of the hospital than going in. Did NOT fix my issue AT ALL. Just gave me a shot of morphine, some nausea medicine and 2 salines. The problem was that if I ate I would either puke it up or get diarrhea. After they forced me to leave the hospital because there was no "criteria" to put me the hospital (you mean nutrition deficiencies don't count?), I was finally given the glass of water that they said I would get to make sure I was OK. Well, I immediately got diarrhea and haven't stopped for 12 hours.
Dr. Lagares-Garcia is a great surgeon and his knowledge of specific circumstances is impeccable. If you have any questions or concerns the doctor that's on call if after hours will call you back within minutes. That's a rare find these days. His staff goes above and beyond for your needs. I highly recommend this practice.
I'm pretty sure the people who have rated poor scores for Dr. Lagares are the type of people that go on complaining about everything & everyone for no good reason. Dr. Lagares is such a wonderful & caring human being. I was young with no health coverage & he was so concern for me that he never charged me a dime. Thanks to him I am living a healthy long life. A lifetime wouldn't be enough to thank him for what he has done for me
26 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1992
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Jorge A Lagares-Garcia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRi Colorectal Clinic 1 Llc, 125 Doughty St Ste 300, Charleston, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jorge A Lagares-Garcia in this video.
Dr. Jorge A Lagares-Garcia is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Charleston, SC.