Dr. Jorge Mendizabal Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Jorge Mendizabal?

Horriblle

Posted on September 22nd, 2017

No interpersonal communication skills whatsoever. I He makes you feel uncomfortable for being in the room, did not even introduce himself to me!! He could've been anyone for all I know. He also likes to spend a lot of time on his iPhone. SHows zero interest.

Best Neurologist in Corpus Area

Posted on August 4th, 2017

He is the reason I was able to go back to school and get my Degree. I now have my MA in Health Care Administration due to all his loving kindness. It would be an honor to work with a gentleman such as this.

Grateful

Posted on August 12th, 2016

Dr. Mendizabal has helped me with my migraine headaches. Rather than having to take pain medication and endure lengthy expensive "pain management procedures", or have neck surgery, Dr. Mendizabal has taken the time to listen to me. He is able to provide me injections that block the pain and provide much needed relief so I can function. This month his nurses are working with me to find an earlier opening because I need to come in before my next appointment. I do not understand why anyone would give this office or Dr. a poor review.

Nice but not the best headache doctor

Posted on August 28th, 2015

He is an okay doctor-seems caring and concerned and fulfills my need but if I was having a lot of headaches, etc. I would find someone else. He is very nice but I don't think the best headache doc I've ever had. And he misdiagnosed a friend of mine with a serious illness.

Posted on June 1st, 2015

Hes my new neuro dr bahamon was my Dr. I need something done thatthat I know works . he looks at my MRI and says I don't need nothing. He don't listen to the patient.

Rude!

Posted on November 13th, 2014

I would have given him zero stars if it would have let me! I would NOT recommend this man to anyone, he and his staff are all rude and incompetent! He has an awful bedside manner, he acts like you are an inconvenience to him, and he spends as little time as possible with you. His staff is exactly the same way. I have a messed up leg and back due to injuries I sustained over 2 years ago. My orthopedist said there is nothing else he can do for me because my remaining problems are with my nerves. So, I was referred to Mendizabal. He did an EMG and Nerve Conductivity Study on my leg, which proved I have pinched and/or damaged nerves. He then sent me for 2 MRIs of my spine and a brain MRI. When I went back to him for my follow-up he came in and told me, "You didn't have a stroke. So, exercise and you'll be fine." He then quickly disappeared into another room. He didn't even wait to see if I had questions or anything...that was the end of my appointment. Of course I had questions because a possible stroke was never the problem, as I said, it was all due to an injury. I tried to get copies of the radiology reports from the front desk on my way out so I could take them to a different neurologist, but I was told I would have to pay $15 for each individual report! I will NEVER return to this doctor or his office and wouldn't even take my dead dog there for help.

Terrible doctor and staff

Posted on October 28th, 2014

Mendizable is a terrible doctor. I would not recommend him to anyone. He never listened to me and only prescribed more medicine. I felt frustrated and rushed every visit. I tries to switch to a different doctor bc that's my right as a patient and the office manager wouldn't even take time to speak with me. She set up an appointment with me and then wasn't there when I got there! So unprofessional. When I called back the next day she said she couldn't help me! Terrible doctor followed by terrible staff and management.

Botox for spasticity

Posted on August 5th, 2014

I have severe spasticity in my leg from AVM stroke and surgery. Dr. Mendizabal did not perform my surgery, but is my local neurologist for treatment after surgery. He is the second neurologist I've been to for Botox injections which I receive every 3 months and does a great job. It is usually hard at times to speak with a nurse, typical response is 3 days after leaving a message. Overall I am happy with Dr. Mendizabal.

Patienyt

Posted on November 12th, 2013

He is an excellent doctor. He has been wonderful with my aunt. Making sure he addresses all her concerns and all her body pains and needs. Since she has been seeing him I have seen an improvement on her. Thank you for being a caring and wonderful doctor.

pompass jerk

Posted on April 25th, 2013

I would never refer this dr. dr fails to accurately document procedures he performs. dr cares more about pushing drugs each time than trying to achieve a homeostasis of health. dr would rather adjust my : b/p, neurotransmitters, mood, hormones, or push methadone as a form of pain management. dr has horrible bedside manners. when the dr. found out I had gone to see a 2nd neurologist for a 2nd opinion he blew up. dr threatened to dismiss me as a pt. dr was very insecure. I really think he was more dangerous in attempting to treat my ailments. dr spent as a little time as he could at bedside. his staff is very subpar as well. staff is very rude. dr speaks as a pompass jerk.

Do Not Recommend

Posted on April 12th, 2013

I was not impressed with this physician. He spent only the minimal amount of time with me and was clearly not willing to expend any effort to properly diagnose my problem. At my insistence, he did order an MRI. However, he would not call back with the results despite repeated phone calls to the office. (I kept getting voice mail.) I finally had to go over to the imaging center, pick up a copy of the MRI report and take it to another specialist to find out what was going on. He wrote me a prescription that turned out to be totally inappropriate for my condition. I would not recommend this doctor.

BAD Business ethics

Posted on March 11th, 2013

The Dr.s office should set up a camera in the waiting room to observe how the patients are treated. I visited the doctor for about 5 minutes. He ordered an MRI. Several days later, I was called into his office with a diagnosis of MS then he told me that I most likely had Trigeminal Neuralgia. After I looked it up on my smartphone, I had so many questions for him and he could not wait to get out of there. Another 5 minutes wasted (for him). I was prescribed Baclofen, not knowing that I would have horrible side affects, crying jags, hallucinations, agressiveness. I called the Dr.s office and was patched through the asst's voice mail 3 days in a row. No answer. Then I complained about it to the manager on the following 3 days of phone calls...and then I was dismissed by a letter that the asst, Victoria, wrote it to get out of trouble. Now the letter has followed me to my 2nd neuro, who dismissed me after reading the letter, now my family Dr. has the letter and he is dismissing me after our family has been with him for 20 years. I am seeing a pain management Dr. But I can't believe this letter won't go away. I am not a litigious person. Maybe he is afraid I will sue him for not taking care of me. That's not the issue. I want the letter erased from all files that it was forwarded to. BAD Business and the front office is rude and dismissive. Watch the heavy set short-cut blondish haired woman. She never looks at a patient, and slams the clipboard on the counter. She does not say thank you or shows any polite behavior towards clients and older people that may need assistance.. Also, the staff needs to learn a little about TN and show a little sympathy towards all patients.