Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jorge Netto
Dr. Jorge Netto, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Miami, FL. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Netto is affiliated with Palm Springs General Hospital, Southern Winds Hospital and Healthsouth Larkin Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jorge Netto has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Jorge Netto has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jorge Netto has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
This doctor has differed in duagnosis with at least one other who does specialize in said diagnosis, leaving patient somewhat confused. This doctor rated here also agreed VERBALLY with a patient to visit him at home, not far from his office, knowing the patient's agoraphobia is so severe that public transportation would amount to the patient risking serious injury and perhaps even death. The doctor DID NOT do as agreed, but did mail numerous greeting cards to the patient containing only reminders of the doctor's office schedule.
Dr. Netto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palm Springs General Hospital
Southern Winds Hospital
Healthsouth Larkin Hospital
Westchester General Hospital
Larkin Community Hospital
46 Years Experience
Instituto Superior De Ciencias Medicas De La Habana
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Jorge Netto accepts the following insurance providers.
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & DirectionsCLINICA DEL PIE 1RA LATINA, 5799 SW 8th St, West Miami, FL
Dr. Jorge Netto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Miami, FL.