Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jorge Nunez
Dr. Jorge Nunez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pembroke Pines, FL, with another office in Plantation, FL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Nunez is affiliated with Palmetto General Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital and Memorial Hospital Miramar. He speaks English.
Dr. Jorge Nunez has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jorge Nunez has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jorge Nunez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
My daughter had a cough for quite some time. Her doctor Alexandra Silva was out of town so I had to bring my child to see Dr. Nunez. I brought her in four times in one week because her cough kept getting worse. Each time he told me that she did not have bronchiolitis and that if we treated her for that condition she could become sick. He talked way too much, illustrating on a little notepad. I was very displeased but he was the only doctor in the office and I was naive enough to trust his decision. My daughter got sicker. Finally her doctor came back and she was diagnosed with bronchiolitis and treated with albuterol. I have not seen this doctor side. I would not recommend this office anymore since my daughter's doctor left the practice. We liked her a lot and hope to find her soon. Of course, the office staff never sent me letter informing me that she had left and they wanted me to sit on the phone with Medicad to switch her to Dr Nunez before she was seen. When I asked where her pediatrician went, they "have no idea". I left the office and I plan on changing my child's pediatrician.
My real complaint is regarding the office staff! They're rude, unprofessional, prejudice & lack customer service training....I'm a pretty loyal person & I've been with Plantation pediatrics since the birth of my first child 5yrs ago! But enough is enough, my family & I are moving on to a practice where regardless if we speak the same language or share the same background as the Doctors & staff we will be treated with the same respect & courtesy✌️
Dr. Nunez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palmetto General Hospital
Memorial Regional Hospital
Memorial Hospital Miramar
Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Miami Children's Hospital
Memorial Hospital West
Miramar Memorial Hospital
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
Plantation General Hospital
Memorial Regional Hospital South
38 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Este (Uce)
Graduated in 1979
Lutheran Medical Center
Dr. Jorge Nunez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jorge Nunez in this video.
Dr. Jorge Nunez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pembroke Pines, FL.