Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jorge A Ortiz has the following 2 specialties
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
Dr. Jorge A Ortiz has the following 3 expertise
- Peptic Ulcer (Duodenal Ulcer)
- Liver Transplantation
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Dr. Jorge A Ortiz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
28 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Jorge A Ortiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe University Of Toledo Medical Center, 3000 Arlington Ave, Toledo, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jorge A Ortiz in this video.
Dr. Jorge A Ortiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.