Dr. Jorge Pelaez Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Jorge Pelaez?

Posted on December 15th, 2016

Excellent doctor. Absolutely satisfied with the care I received

Posted on April 12th, 2016

well pleased. looking for his new address.

Not Much Help

Posted on July 17th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Pelaez for MS for more than ten years. He was the second neurologist I had visited for my condition, and initially I had great insurance. He prescribed Copaxone injections which I did for about seven or eight years. My experience with him varied over my time under his care. Some visits, the office staff was HORRIBLE. Since the office update, the staff has improved tremendously, and now treat me with courtesy. Dr. Pelaez seemed to "waffle" between caring and having a disinterested attitude. I would not recommend him, but that's kind of a moot point now as he is leaving the practice at W. FL.

Gave me false info on diagnosis

Posted on March 9th, 2014

I was diagnosed with a rare brain disorder an Dr Palaez told me surgery would not correct it and blew it off like it was not a serious condition. Since I had never heard of this I condition I didn't know any better. He prescribed me an anti-inflammatory and a supplement for my pain. His nurse forgot to send in the script so I was without it for two days & ended up in ER. I called to tell him but his med assistant. didn't seem to think it was a big deal. It wasn't until I went to a chiropractor to get some pain relief that I was told I had a serious problem & chiropractic care could have paralyzed me. My doctor should have told me. Later on, relating this info to some friends I was informed to look at some web forums for people with my condition. Not only did the Dr not give me any info on my diagnosis, I found out surgery has a high percentage of success in my condition!! After that I started asking around to friends who have neurologists in town. My best friend was diagnosed with MS a few years ago. He put her through two years of h*** and misdiagnosis, lumbar puncture that out her out for 3 wks & 4hrs of MRIs in one day. When I heard that, that was it. I'm done.

Excellent Neurologist

Posted on August 28th, 2013

I first saw him as a patient in 2006 because of problems speaking. After a thorough history and physical examination he told me what his thoughts were but asked that I have some tests done to confirm his diagnosis. After the tests were done he immediately started me on medications that have halted the worsening of my disease. On every appointment he has been cordial, thorough and answered my questions and concerns honestly. He keeps up to date on the latest developments in neurology and seems to to have read every article I mention about my disease. I highly recommend him.

Posted on July 22nd, 2013

We have seen Dr. Pelaez for a couple of years now. He is obviously an expert on his field. He was able to sort through my mom's complex medical condition to find the right combination of treatments. He gave us advice that helped us make the right decision and commitment. We are forever grateful. A+ Doctor!!

disabled retired

Posted on July 18th, 2013

I have sleep apnea, chronic fatigue syndrome and several other conditions that makes it so difficult to have a normal functional life. Dr. Pelaez is a mild gentle spirit, he doesn't talk much in the beginning because he makes sure he's listening to all of your symptoms in order to personalize the treatment you need for your condition. Dr. Palaez is a doctor that has your interest in mine, after he and I have tried so many things to better my health, he schedule me to go to UAB Hospital Birmingham Al. with a specialist to make sure there wasn't something he was missing. Dr. Harden told me I was blessed to have a Doctor like him, not intimidated that someone may know something he doesn't. Dr. Harden stated every test and treatment Dr. Peleaz did lined up with her findings. Dr. Pelaez is always eager to search for better treatment through others research. Many doctors wouldn't send you out of town to get a second opinion from a specialist because they've gone to college and has all the answers. I lost many years before testing was available that caused damage, but the care that Dr. Peleaz has provided for me, has made my life better. No matter what I need for my condition, he makes it happen if he can, especially when I'm having trouble with my medication, c-pap equipment and supplies. I'm a senior citizen that's old school brought up treating people right and it's important to me that my doctors have compassion, and good bed side manner. It's important that my doctor thinks outside the box, knowing there could possible be another answer to your situation, that's why I will always be grateful for the care I' am receiving. I want to encourage him it's not easy having so many people in his care that's sick, because we all want instant healing no matter what, just keep giving us your best and I know the Lord one day reveal a break through healing.

Worst Neuroligist I've ever been to

Posted on July 1st, 2013

All he wanted to do was experiment by prescribing a new medicine every time I saw him. I lost 48 pounds in about 8 months while in his care. I've never had trouble taking meds. The straw that broke the Camels back was when I called and told him I couldn't take a new med he had put me on he said don't stop taking that med but take another new med with it. Needless to say that was my last visit.

Posted on June 17th, 2013

Dr Pelaez has been my mother's doctor for years, and throughout those years he has proven to be both reassuringly knowledgable as well as genuinely caring.

one of the best neurologists I've been to

Posted on February 23rd, 2013

No doctor is perfect, but after seeing some of the reviews, I feel I should defend Dr. Pelaez. I'm not saying that other people didn't have a bad experience, but I have severe, chronic migraine headaches, and I started seeing Dr. Pelaez right after he started practicing in this area. I was with him for years, and I never had any problems with him. His staff on occasion, but not him. He genuinely seemed to care about my problem and was frustrated when his treatments weren't helping me. He tried everything he knew to help me, and rather than continue to waste my time when he couldn't do anything for me, he referred me to another clinic and even to an acupuncturist. I don't see him anymore, not because I don't like him, but simply because he and I agreed that he had exhausted his bag of tricks on me and there was no sense wasting my time and money when he didn't think he could do anything more for me. I appreciate that honesty. I know my case is complex, and I would rather have a doctor say, "Look, I've done everything I know how to do, and it hasn't worked. Maybe you should try another doctor/clinic" rather than continue to pump me full of pills that aren't helping me simply because he/she has no other ideas. I've been to a lot of neurologists, and all of them are arrogant SOBs (I think they're taught that in medical school when they specialize in neurology), but Dr. Pelaez was by far the least arrogant and most concerned and thorough one I've seen. I would definitely recommend him.

#1 neurologist

Posted on May 20th, 2012

Very attentive and friendly. He remembers things we discussed on my last visit that weren't medical related. He listens to me.Great personality. Very patient.Best neurologist I have seen.

Terrible TPhysician!!

Posted on September 30th, 2011

Beware of this guy!! Horrible doctor who hates Americans, but loves the money!