Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jorge Plutzky
Dr. Jorge Plutzky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Plutzky is affiliated with Miriam Hospital, Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jorge Plutzky has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jorge Plutzky has the following 23 expertise
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Coronary Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Insulin Resistance
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Lipid Disorders
- Heart Failure
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
Dr. Jorge Plutzky has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Plutzky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Jorge Plutzky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrigham And Womens Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jorge Plutzky in this video.
Dr. Jorge Plutzky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.