Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jose A Torres has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Jose A Torres has the following 3 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Jose A Torres has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
Dr Torres and staff have a genuine care for the quality of life and pain management of their patients. They go above and beyond expectations of a physician to the point they become friends. I would recommend Dr Torres to anyone experiencing pain and Dr Torres will get to the bottom of it and provide a great quality of life experience through the entire process. His staff are really awesome and friendly people! The office visit wait time is a little long but that is because Dr Torres takes his time and gives the patient his full attention and does a great detailed quality assessment.
Called his office, along with my PCP for an appointment due to a fall. His staff at first told both of us that his schedule wasn't open to schedule anything for another month. So my PCP took care of my needs and we both called for that appointment a month later. They then told us that my case was under review. They constantly put both of us off for 3 months, then finally said the doctor decided to not take me on as a new patient. #1 that's poor patient care. #2 that's wrong to do that to a fellow physician. Would not recommend.
My doctor got critically ill and the doctor who was in his office covering for him is no longer there - no referrals - no one on call, etc. St. Joe's Hospital in Warren referred me to Dr. Torres I called his office and they will not take me as a cash patient BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD HIS INJECTIONS. This is an Emergency situation since I do not have any type of physician and have been on pain meds for years due to Orthopedic Trauma. What is it with doctors now a days -what happened to the oath?
Basically if you dont get his "shots" he wont help you cuz he can charge a couple of grand to line his pockets!!
32 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1986
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Jose A Torres accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSyndolor Medical, 1806 E Market St, Warren, OH
Dr. Jose A Torres is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warren, OH.