Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jose A Aceves has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jose A Aceves has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jose A Aceves has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jose A Aceves is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Lol, there's another person that wrote something negative about the girls (staff) that work for Dr Aceves. To me Dr Aceves is cool, he's very attentive to your problem, or situation you're in for, he take time to listen to you, I like that about him. However, the staff really suck ! There's only one staff member that is always cool, and helpful with me. All the other are rude, and very unfriendly. Every time I have to go in to see either of the doctors (cause if you don't make an appointment with Aceves at least a month in advance, you ain't going to see him, you have to settle for another Dr. or Connie), I have to deal with the rude staff first. I don't know why these girls are the way they are (rude and unfriendly) from the front desk, to the vital girls, they all suck ! I mean these girls went to school for this type of work (dealing with sick people) HELLO ! But yet, they all look upset, or they all act like they're busy when you go to the window, and they ignore you for a long time. And with me, Unfortunately I always get the same unfriendly girl to check my vitals and take me to the exam room. It's always the same thing, she calls my name, then she tells me to follow her to the vitals room, mind you, she never smiles at me, or says "good morning, how are you today ?" She just all business, "stand there (to weigh me) let me see your arm (blood pressure), lift up your tongue" no smile at all, or any thing pleasant (really jacked up !). I've been with Dr Aceves for about 4 years now and it's always the same with these rude girls on staff there. Some have gone else where, but some still remain. I'm thinking about moving on and finding a new Dr. But I really like Dr Aceves, and I'd hate to lose him because of these rude girls. And realistically I only see the Doctors about 4-5 times a year, besides the grass isn't always greener on the other side lol. I've been looking at other Doctors online, and reading the reviews about them, and apparently all the other doctors I've been looking at, also have rude and unfriendly staff members according to there reviews. Sheesh ! Apparently you can't find good help anywhere these days. Go figure.
The girls that work there never seem to know what they are doing. Actually there is only one girl that does.Once i had paperwork dropped off for the doctor to fill out and they couldn't find it for days. Apperantly someone wrote someone else's name in my paperwork and they tried to blame me for having done it! Another incident that I had was when it had been two weeks since I had gotten bloodwork, I called and they told me that they had not received it. Instead of them being helpful and thinking well it's been two weeks we should have received results by now let me call the lab to check on it but no t hat was not the case.I had to ask them to call the lab. I was sippose to get a call back with the results and I never did until I called them back. These are some of the reasons why I don't like this office. The PA Connie is great , shetakes her time with you and is very thorough.
St Josephs Medical Center
Dr. Jose A Aceves accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsColima Care, 14609 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA
Dr. Jose A Aceves is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whittier, CA.