Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jose Armonio Jr
Dr. Jose Armonio Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Myrtle Beach, SC. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Armonio is affiliated with GRAND STRAND MEDICAL CENTER, Georgetown Memorial Hospital and Conway Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jose Armonio Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Armanio is our favorite doctor of all time. He is so detailed and makes sure every concern I or my husband have is addressed and referrals are made to make sure nothing goes unattended. I can't believe some of the reviews are credible. He found my cancer through a blood test and called me in the very next day. He visited me in the hospital. We have never had such a caring and thorough doctor. He smiles upon visit and he gets down to business. What more would anyone ask for in a doctor, I can't imagine.
This guy needs to go back to medical school and learn some bedside manner. Dr. Armonio is rude. He doesn't smile. He doesn't speak. He acts like he's in a huge hurry to be finished. Couple that with zero people skills, and it makes for a very disturbing doctor visit. He actually makes you feel uneasy in his presence. He acts like he's miserable and I just think a part of a doctor's job is to make his patients feel comfortable. I've never encountered a medical professional who doesn't hide his disdain for his job until I went to doctor Armonio. There are worse things than being a doctor doc!
Very knowledgeable and quick with diagnosis and treatment of my illness. Answered all of my questions in a manner I could understand during and after clinic hours. Very Compassionate and caring... Always takes his time with me and my family especially when we have questions... I live in NY but I always come back here 2-3 times a year to get to see my primary care physician... The best in town...
Dr. Armonio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Georgetown Memorial Hospital
Conway Medical Center
Waccamaw Community Hospital
32 Years Experience
De La Salle University Health Sciences Campus
Graduated in 1984
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Dr. Jose Armonio Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSE Medical Associates, 1301 48th Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jose Armonio Jr in this video.
Dr. Jose Armonio Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Myrtle Beach, SC.