Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jose Cintron
Dr. Jose Cintron, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Cintron is affiliated with Chicago Health Care System - West Side Div. - Jessie Brown Hospital, University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago and V A Westside Med Ctr, Chicago, Il. He speaks English.
Dr. Jose Cintron has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Rectal Fistula
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Cintron is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Chicago Health Care System - West Side Div. - Jessie Brown Hospital
University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago
V A Westside Med Ctr, Chicago, Il
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
John H. Stroger,Jr.,Hospital of Cook County
30 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Jose Cintron accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jose Cintron is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.