Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jose R Mateo-Contreras has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
José Contreras is the worst doctor I have meet in my live. My experience with my father in Palmetto Hospital y Rehabilitation Palmetto was HORRIBLE. Dr Contreras saw my father ONLY once in 14 days and he NEVER answered my multiple calls . My father went to the Hospital walking, eating by himself, playing guitar, playing dominó . I had to get out him in my arms, without talking nor walking and my father NEVER knew me again.
my expirence with the Doctor was good. he took the time to listen to me and go through each of my questions and concerns. On the other hand the staff is VERY, VERY, unprofessional, I'm talking about the staff in his office. They are very rude, leave you on hold for long periods of time,you leave messages and questions for the Dr. and they NEVER call you with a response, once you see the Doctor he has no clue about those messages. BOTTOM LINE YOU CAN BE A GOOD PHYSICIAN BUT YOUR STAFF IS WHOM REPRESENTS YOU AND IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS OTHERWISE PEOPLE WILL WALK AWAY AND GIVE YOU A BAD REVIEW ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR STAFF.
33 Years Experience
Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Urena
Graduated in 1985
Henry Ford Hospital - Wayne State University
Dr. Jose R Mateo-Contreras accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jose R Mateo-Contreras is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami Lakes, FL.