Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jose De Leon Carpio has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jose De Leon Carpio has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 1 of 1
A excellent Doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose De Leon Carpio - Posted on May 13th, 2015
I first met Dr. Carpio in 2000 when I joined Kaiser health plan. I chose Dr. Carpio as my GP on reviewing his credentials and experience. Dr. Carpio was my GP for five years when I left for another employer that had different insurance plan. When I retired in 2010, and needed a health plan I went back to Kaiser because I knew that I could have Dr. Carpio as my GP. I have been with Kaiser now for five years and I am very pleased with Dr. Carpio as my GP. Dr. Carpio is more than just my GP, it feels like he is a friend that cares about me and whatever it is that I come to see him about. He is always friendly, attentive, listens to what you have to say, gives you the time without rushing the appointment, discusses your problems giving you his full attention and time, and in my experiences has always been correct in his diagnosis. Your appointment time may not start on time but that is most likely because he has given the previous patient the same attentive service he will give to you; so be a good patient and be patient. Dr. Carpio always follows up on appointments when needed. You can also email Dr. Carpio and he will reply within a couple of days.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Temple University Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jose De Leon Carpio is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Washington, DC.