Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jose H Alvarez has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jose H Alvarez has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Jose H Alvarez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
If you are looking for a doctor who has your best interest at heart, this is not the docotr for you. Getting an appointment is easy. After that, it is all down hill. My daughter started seeing Dr. Alvarez as soon as she found out she was going to have a baby. We never waited less than an hour every single time to be seen for our appointment. The staff got more rude with every visit. The doctor and his help never knew was going on with us, because they never seemed to read our file. One person would order an ultrasound, because the doctor had said the baby was breech. Then the doctor would say it was not needed. Said a C-section was needed when it was not. Then wanted to induce labor two weeks before the due date, "because that is what people do now". I even asked his, "So you want to induce her labor, just to fit it in with your schedule?" And he told me, "Yes". This doctor should not be practicing at all. Ever.
Dr. Alvarez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Jose H Alvarez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jose H Alvarez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bullhead City, AZ.