Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jose Katz
Dr. Jose Katz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Katz is affiliated with Mt Sinai Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital-Passaic and Overlook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jose Katz has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Jose Katz has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Macular Degeneration
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Jose Katz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Que pena que un dr que parecia ser tan bueno haya terminado asi por la ambiciony avaricia, bien dicen que la abaricia rompe el saco. Es una pena que termine sus ultimos dias en una carcel despues del prestigio que habia tenido ya a su edad! Pero de todos modos le deseo lo mejor DE TODO CORAZON, como el solia terminar sus programas radiales.
I Made an appointment for 11:30 am As soon as I walked in there were people standing up no place to sit unless you sat out side in the lobby. I was called in at 1:15 pm,they took my blood pressure and weight and was told to sit and wait some more,and that I would be called in a few minutes. Minutes turned into hours. I got up walked out. He may be a good Dr but it's not worth the wait.They should put up a sign saying minimum wait 12 hours as they do in the emergency rooms in some NY hospitals.
Dr. Katz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mt Sinai Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital-Passaic
St. Marys Hospital
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Overlook Medical Center
General Hospital at Passaic - AHS
New York Presbyterian Columbia University Medical Center
Columbia-Presbyterian Med Ctr, New York, Ny
New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
32 Years Experience
Freie Universitaet Berlin
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions4802 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jose Katz in this video.
Dr. Jose Katz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.