Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Jose Aceves MD
Jose Aceves, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with other offices in Boerne, TX and Temple, TX . He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Child Neurology, Neurology and Pediatrics. Jose Aceves is affiliated with Parkland Memorial Hospital, Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth and Cook Children's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Jose Aceves has 3 locations
430 W Bandera Rd
Boerne, TX 78006
2401 S 31st St
Temple, TX 76508
Book Online Now
Jose Aceves has the following 3 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Jose Aceves has the following 3 expertise
- Movement Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
Jose Aceves is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Aceves is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Parkland Memorial Hospital
Cook Children's Medical Center
Children's Medical Center of Dallas
Children's Medical Center of Dallas
Parkland Health & Hospital System
UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
Cook Children S
Scott & White Santa Fe Center
UT Southwestern St Paul Hospital
Parkland Health and Hospital System
Johns Community Hospital
32 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1984
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Jose Aceves Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Jose Aceves, MD - Child Neurology in San Antonio, TX, in this video.
Jose Aceves is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.