Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jose L Rivero Jr
Dr. Jose L Rivero Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cookeville, TN, with other offices in Cookeville, TN and Tullahoma, TN . He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Rivero is affiliated with Southern Tennessee Medical Center. Dr. Rivero has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jose L Rivero Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Jose L Rivero Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
Dr. Jose L Rivero Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jose L Rivero Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 20
Was referred to Dr. Rivero by my primary care physician who told me that everybody she has ever referred to him raved about how much they loved him. I liked him immediately and felt very comfortable with him. My primary care physician can add my rave review to her long list of satisfied referred patients.
I'm new to the Tullahoma area...nothing worse that having to try and find new doctors that you can trust. But Dr Rivero is exactly that. He put me totally at ease and I was able to tell him my fears and he understood, ran the tests and made me feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend. His bedside manner was excellent, and he listened..really listened.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rivero is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Jose L Rivero Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jose L Rivero Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cookeville, TN.