Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jose Proenza
Dr. Jose Proenza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jupiter, FL. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Proenza is affiliated with Jupiter Medical Center, Saint Mary's Medical Center and Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jose Proenza has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Jose Proenza has the following 6 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Nutritional Support
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Jose Proenza has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jose Proenza is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Proenza is a great doctor and human being. He not only cares about his patients but ensures that they receive quality care and services. Dr. Proenza spends a good amount of time with his patients and ensures that they understand the procedures or treatment he will recommend. He is the type of physician who runs to the hospital at any time of the night to care for patients that have been hospitalized, and does so with a warm smile. I recommend him to everyone, but specially to patients with hepatic problems-one of his specialties.
Dr. Proenza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jupiter Medical Center
Saint Mary's Medical Center
Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach Va Medical Center
30 Years Experience
Universidad De Salamanca
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions210 Jupiter Lakes Blvd, Jupiter, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jose Proenza in this video.
Dr. Jose Proenza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jupiter, FL.