Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jose M Ugarte has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 16
My wife went to Ugarte for a possible cold while she was approximately 3 months pregnant. Ugarte denied medical attention for my wife after he found out she was taking medication for her reumathoid arthritis, he told her she was knowingly hurting the baby and was not going to see her. My wife had 5 Internal fetal medicine doctors aside from her obgyn, with experience, who were monitoring her medicine intake!!!! My wife went home crying uncontrollably thinking she was hurting the baby. I immediately called the office and demanded to talk to him, a nurse came back on the line and I explained to her why I needed to talk to him, she puts me on hold and then comes back saying he is doing his rounds and would be unable to talk to me. She continued to try and defend him, saying maybe my wife should go to her doctor. Took her to urgent care were they confirmed what my wife was taking with obgyn and they were able to to prescribe her some medication and got better. Our baby boy is one healthy beautiful boy, Ugarte is a horrible person and would not recommend him.
Had a 2:30 appoitment, didn't see the doctor until after 6 p.m. After I finally saw the doctor, he spent about two minutes with me. The doctor mis diagnosed my issue. I could also tell that the doctor and staff wasn't even listening to what I was trying to say. Trying to get the office staff to complete task, such as referals and follow ups, was like pulling teeth. The office never asked for a follow up for some blood work that was done. Please, please do yourself a favor, go elsewhere.
Dr. Ugarte is a good doctor as far as his skills, compassion, etc. goes. But his office staff, which he seems to change frequently, does not seem to care about making referrals, scheduling appointments, etc. And the waiting for several hours in the office for each appointment means one's whole day is shot, sometimes just for a brief follow-up appt.! As much as I liked him as a man, and as a doctor, the lack of efficiency made it too difficult to get any other medical services. This is why I felt forced to change doctors.
- Universidad De Buenos Aires
St Lukes Hospital
Dr. Jose M Ugarte accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUgarte Family Medical Clinic, 1311 General Cavazos Blvd Ste L, Kingsville, TX
Dr. Jose M Ugarte is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingsville, TX.