Dr. Jose Ugarte Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jose Ugarte?

Posted on July 6th, 2016

Worst AME on the face of the planet. Appointments happen 3.5 hours after scheduled time.

Horrible

Posted on January 11th, 2016

My wife went to Ugarte for a possible cold while she was approximately 3 months pregnant. Ugarte denied medical attention for my wife after he found out she was taking medication for her reumathoid arthritis, he told her she was knowingly hurting the baby and was not going to see her. My wife had 5 Internal fetal medicine doctors aside from her obgyn, with experience, who were monitoring her medicine intake!!!! My wife went home crying uncontrollably thinking she was hurting the baby. I immediately called the office and demanded to talk to him, a nurse came back on the line and I explained to her why I needed to talk to him, she puts me on hold and then comes back saying he is doing his rounds and would be unable to talk to me. She continued to try and defend him, saying maybe my wife should go to her doctor. Took her to urgent care were they confirmed what my wife was taking with obgyn and they were able to to prescribe her some medication and got better. Our baby boy is one healthy beautiful boy, Ugarte is a horrible person and would not recommend him.

Horrible

Posted on May 21st, 2012

Had a 2:30 appoitment, didn't see the doctor until after 6 p.m. After I finally saw the doctor, he spent about two minutes with me. The doctor mis diagnosed my issue. I could also tell that the doctor and staff wasn't even listening to what I was trying to say. Trying to get the office staff to complete task, such as referals and follow ups, was like pulling teeth. The office never asked for a follow up for some blood work that was done. Please, please do yourself a favor, go elsewhere.

Gives you his full attention

Posted on September 1st, 2011

Dr. Ugarte is one of the most caring doctors I have ever had.

Posted on December 20th, 2010

Dr. Ugarte is a good doctor as far as his skills, compassion, etc. goes. But his office staff, which he seems to change frequently, does not seem to care about making referrals, scheduling appointments, etc. And the waiting for several hours in the office for each appointment means one's whole day is shot, sometimes just for a brief follow-up appt.! As much as I liked him as a man, and as a doctor, the lack of efficiency made it too difficult to get any other medical services. This is why I felt forced to change doctors.

Loooong wait

Posted on December 14th, 2009

The big issue at his office is that you will spend most of the day waiting. Hewill book you ininthe mornin and you may sitt eitherin the witing area or in the room for a long time (Hours!) This have happend to me now 3 times. (do not have a choice)

Posted on February 27th, 2009

This physician used to be very good, but is now moderate to poor. His office staff is rude and appointments are a problem to make. Then, the doctor makes you wait 1 to 2 hours for an appointment. Why make early appointments if he is too lazy to get to the office to see patients. I changed doctors quickly.

Posted on April 29th, 2016