Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jose A Velez-Borras has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jose A Velez-Borras has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jose A Velez-Borras has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 8
I brought two of my kids here today, one of which is 15 and has ADHD. When I was researching pediatricians and called this place, I made sure they had a Dr. that dealt with ADHD before calling their insurance and having them assigned to Trinity Pediatrics as my son has been out of meds for a week. Our appointment was today at 2:30, I was asked to bring a print out from Walgreens of the meds my son was on so they could prescribe. After being there an hour we were put in a room where Dr. Velez came in overbearingly barking orders for my kids to sit down. No big deal...I let him know I brought the print out of my son’s meds which he barely looked at and said he wasn’t prescribing him that and that he’d have to see a specialist first. Even then, he said he would prescribe something different. My son has been on the same medicine for at least 7 years now, upping the dosage maybe every other year in accordance with his now 230 lbs. weight. Three doctors from my sons last pediatrician’s office prescribed the same meds and never expressed to me any cause for concern. So, here I am, taking the day off, my son a day off from school, for nothing. I collected my kids and will now find them another pediatrician. My advice, DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME! Find a Dr. who is compassionate and willing to help your kids and listen to what you have to say.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Jose A Velez-Borras accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsTrinity Pediatrics, 2131 SW 22nd Pl Ste 202, Ocala, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jose A Velez-Borras, MD - Pediatrics in Ocala, FL, in this video.
Dr. Jose A Velez-Borras is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.