Dr. Jose A Velez-Borras Is this you?

8 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Jose A Velez-Borras?

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

I brought two of my kids here today, one of which is 15 and has ADHD. When I was researching pediatricians and called this place, I made sure they had a Dr. that dealt with ADHD before calling their insurance and having them assigned to Trinity Pediatrics as my son has been out of meds for a week. Our appointment was today at 2:30, I was asked to bring a print out from Walgreens of the meds my son was on so they could prescribe. After being there an hour we were put in a room where Dr. Velez came in overbearingly barking orders for my kids to sit down. No big deal...I let him know I brought the print out of my son’s meds which he barely looked at and said he wasn’t prescribing him that and that he’d have to see a specialist first. Even then, he said he would prescribe something different. My son has been on the same medicine for at least 7 years now, upping the dosage maybe every other year in accordance with his now 230 lbs. weight. Three doctors from my sons last pediatrician’s office prescribed the same meds and never expressed to me any cause for concern. So, here I am, taking the day off, my son a day off from school, for nothing. I collected my kids and will now find them another pediatrician. My advice, DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME! Find a Dr. who is compassionate and willing to help your kids and listen to what you have to say.