Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jose L Villagomez
Dr. Jose L Villagomez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Villagomez is affiliated with Saint John's Health Center and Huntington Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jose L Villagomez has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Jose L Villagomez has the following 5 expertise
Dr. Jose L Villagomez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
My experiences with physicians includes expensive PPO physicians in areas such as UCLA, Santa Monica, and Beverly Hills. I was always frustrated when a physician was not organized and created long wait times. Dr. Villagomez and his staff offer attentive service and minimal wait times. The NPs are engaged with the patient needs, and the physician is reactive to patient comments.
Overall I have had a good experience with Dr Villagomez's office. They have been very kind and attentive both from the front desk nurse's and the physicians. I have had some confusion between my insurance and medication or referals getting different information from the insurance companies and from the doctors office, but this may have largely been the complicated insurance info we were trying to navigate. Overall I have enjoyed my experience and would recommend to others.
I have been going to Sana Medical Group for last 2years or so, and I have seen Dr. Villagomez several times and other Dr.s at the group. All the Drs at the group are very knowledgeable and takes time to talk with you about your concerns. The staff at the office is very friendly and helpfull. I recommend to other patients.
We went her for an athletic physical for my son. Staff was friendly, Dr. Villagomez was great, and they always get us in and out reasonably quick. While we were there we discussed normal teenage acne concerns. He was very knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the issue and he set us up with a simple prescription that cleared things up within a few months. My son is much happier with life since the help from Dr. Villagomez. We have been going here for a few years now, and would highly recommend.
Dr. Villagomez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Jose L Villagomez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSana Medical Group, 12099 W Washington Blvd Ste 400, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Jose L Villagomez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.