Dr. Josef Gurian Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Josef Gurian?

Dr. Gurian

Posted on March 23rd, 2012

I found Dr. Gurian to be dismissive and arrogant. He did not listen to anything I said and he quickly jumped to conclusions about why I was seeking his help. He was in a big hurry to be done with me. He did not address my problems and he did not seem interested in helping me. I walked out of his office extremely disappointed that I had wasted my time and my money seeking his advice. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Recommend Highly

Posted on January 17th, 2012

I'm not sure if the other people on here with low ratings went to the same doctor I did, but I have a VERY high opinion of Dr. Gurian. After years of severe sinus infections and 5 months on Cirpo and other nuclear option antibiotics without any luck, I finally broke down and went to an ENT for the dreaded sinus surgery. I was referred to Dr. Gurian by a former patient of his and am very happy to have been his patient. I say "have been his patient" because he fixed my sinus problems after one procedure and I haven't had more than a sniffle since! He took the time to explain what was going on, what needed to be done and answered every dumb question I had. He even took the time to explain my MRI/x-rays, what was where and why it was screwing up my sinuses. I hated the idea of having someone drilling in my skull but he put me at ease with his desk-side and bedside manner. On the day of the surgery he greeted me, asked how I was doing with my anxiety and explained again what was going to happen. Afterward I was doped up on pain killers for a while but was back to work in 10 days. Four weeks after he took the stitches out I was smelling flowers for the first time (seriously) and realized my dog had a gas problem. It has been almost a year since my surgery and I am VERY happy to have had Dr. Gurian work on me and only wish I had done it sooner.

How can a doctor tell you whats wrong just by checking you externally?

Posted on April 5th, 2011

is it too hard to tell the difference between allergies and sinusitis? If cold air bothers me, if cold drinks get my nose clogged up, if winter is my worst season, if AC also gets my nose clogged up, how can that be considered allergies? when in the other hand, if i go out and smell roses, spend most of the days out in spring and summer time and without any problems with my nose, then how can they still tell me i have allergies? I can not believe we are in the best Nation and not have ok doctors at least. By the way Dr Gurian was my third doctor telling me that i had allergies without even doing any q-tip or blood test. I am frustrated and suffering everyday just because a these ENT doctors can not diagnose me with anything other then allergies????

Excellent doctor

Posted on August 15th, 2008

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Gurian. He's down to earth, knowledgeable about his field, forthright and honest. He diagnosed me in the first visit, performed sinus surgery within a month, followed up with all appropriate lab work and testing. In the end, turned out to be cancerous but I don't think I could ever feel that I was in better hands...and I can breathe again!

Posted on November 10th, 2015