The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Josef Machac
Dr. Josef Machac, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Machac is affiliated with Mt Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Medical Center New York. He speaks English.
Dr. Josef Machac has the following 3 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Clinical Research
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Machac was extremely thorough, knowledgeable, and kind. He asked me many questions and explained my diagnosis and my procedure to me and gave me clear answer to questions that previous doctors have not. Dr. Machac treated me with more respect and patience than any other doctor that I've seen. The staff was polite and attentive.
Dr. Machac is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mt Sinai Hospital
Mount Sinai Medical Center New York
35 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1978
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Josef Machac accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMount Sinai Hospital, 1 Gustave L Levy Pl, New York, NY
Dr. Josef Machac is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.