Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph A George has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Adult Medicine
Dr. Joseph A George has the following 9 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Weight Loss
- Nutritional Support
Dr. Joseph A George has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
My FIRST clue should of been the fact that I was the ONLY PATIENT in the OFFICE! Not ONE other person there! I do not want to go into details, but RIGHT when this guy walked in the room I DID not like him. He should not be a doctor. He is COLD and distant, and very rude. He treated me like I was bothering him with questions and like I was a piece of trash. I LITERALLY got up AND WALKED OUT OF THE OFFICE during the middle of listening to his bullsh*t. Save your time AND money there are hundreds of doctors in the downriver area- do NOT waste your time with him. When a doctor has NO patients in the office there is something wrong- because any doctor office I have ever been to- you usually have to wait! What a nightmare.!!!!!!!!!!! Of course my wait time wasn't long, there was no one there!!!
There's no words that I could adequately say how extremely happy with rapid detox I am. Just love Laura the intake nurse and Dr. George who is so attentive all the way thru and most importantly when you get home. I believe he maybe the only doctor you can call and he answers!! Makes you feel so secure .
I have been going to Doctor George for 15 years, I have had nothing but good care and compassion from Doc and the staff. When it came to life threatening Cancer, Doc hooked up the right team which saved my life. I don't know what's up with some others, but what I have had is nothing like the foul words in some of these reviews
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. George is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Joseph A George accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoseph A George Md, 4006 Fort St, Lincoln Park, MI
Dr. Joseph A George is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln Park, MI.