Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph R Alonso MD
Dr. Joseph R Alonso, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ocala, FL, with another office in Ocala, FL. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Alonso is affiliated with Munroe Regional Medical Center, Memorial Regional Hospital South and Ocala Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph R Alonso has 2 locations
3310 SW 34th St
Ocala, FL 34474
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph R Alonso has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph R Alonso has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph R Alonso - Posted on October 21st, 2013
After my husband was hospitalized for 5 way by-pass surgery, Dr. Alonso was assigned to him as a cardiologist. My husband also has seen him since in his office. My husband is a Vietnam Veteran. The VA requires him to have paper work filled out and Dr. Alonso refused. No explanation as to why he refused to fill them out. Needless to say we are now looking for another cardiologist.
Great Doctor, excellent staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph R Alonso - Posted on February 7th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph R Alonso - Posted on January 14th, 2011
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Alonso is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1992
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph R Alonso Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph R Alonso, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Ocala, FL, in this video.
Dr. Joseph R Alonso is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ocala, FL.