Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph P Amberg has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph P Amberg has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Joseph P Amberg has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
I saw Dr. Amberg at the suggestion of a friend in health care who knows about him. He is very well trained (Stanford, University of California San Diego) and experienced. He spent FAR too much time with me, over 45 minutes! I really appreciated that. He even printed out some patient information on a condition that I have. I felt like he really cares and really listened. His physical exam was thorough and meticulous. He listened to me about a concern that I had, sent me for the appropriate tests, and it turns out that he picked up a serious health condition that I am now being properly treated for with his thoroughness. I owe him years of good health for that and can't recommend him highly enough. He combines clinical excellence with great patient interactions.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1983
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Joseph P Amberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAllina Seniorcare Transitions, 1055 Westgate Dr Ste 100, Saint Paul, MN
Dr. Joseph P Amberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.