Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Armao
Dr. Joseph Armao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Akron, OH, with another office in Akron, OH. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Armao is affiliated with Crystal Clinic - North Coast, Summa - Barberton Citizens Hospital and Summa - Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Armao has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Joseph Armao has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Joseph Armao has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph Armao is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
We did not see eye to eye. My daughter was on constant antibiotics for chronic bladder infections. They were making her sicker over time and were not working. I told him we were trying to help her out with some natural vitamins and d-mannose (sugar)...and though I was very confident they were safe, I felt it was prudent to ask for his perspective on it. While he acknowledged she could not be hurt by the supplements, he proceeded to "let me have it" for putting things in my daughter that "I know nothing about". By the end of the appt., he had looked them up and confirmed what I already knew to be true ~ that the supplements were harmless~ and yet he proceeded to lay into me one more time before I left in tears. Horrible narrow minded perspective. Would never recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Armao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Crystal Clinic - North Coast
Summa - Barberton Citizens Hospital
Summa - Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital
Summa - Akron City Hospital
27 Years Experience
University of Cincinnati
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph Armao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.