Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joseph B Walsh
Dr. Joseph B Walsh, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Sarasota, FL. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph B Walsh has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joseph B Walsh has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Joseph B Walsh has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 8
He treated me when I had pneumonia and cellulitis from 4/8 to 4/23. He is very knowledgeable doctor and I really appreciate him in his personal treatment in my conditions. Thank you Life Care Rehab and Dr. Joseph B. Walsh, D. O. for taking very good care of me. I enjoyed the Occupational and Physical Therapies I received and I am a lot stronger for being there. The nursing staff and recreational staff are very personable. I loved the activities such as Bingo, art class, and Bridge.
I've called his office 4 times now, with no response back yet from Dr. Walsh. The medicine he prescribed is making me sick. I've tried for 2 days to get him to change it, but no luck. It's now Friday, and his office staff is telling me to wait until Monday. I need an anti-biotic, and have went without it for 3 days and now it'll be another 2 days. I guess I can just hope the infection in my body doesn't kill me by then.
Dr. Joseph B Walsh accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsMCRHS, 8104 Tuttle Ave, Sarasota, FL
Dr. Joseph B Walsh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.