Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Bax has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Joseph A Bax has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
Dr. Joseph A Bax is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Terrible!!! Worst doctor in Niagara Falls in my opinion. He failed to tell me I had a torn ACL couple years ago. Today, I have a deteriorating ACL and grade 4 arthritis. He's the type of doctor that will lie on you in reports. Sins of omission! Best thing I can tell you is to run as fast and as far away from this doctor as you possibly can. Find somebody else....ANYBODY but him! He don't deserve the one star I gave him!
Surgery on torn tendon turned out very well. Stay in hospital was short. Follow up treatment has been excellent with all questions answered in terms I could understand. Patience shown when asking questions superb. I would recommend this Doctor and office staff to anyone needing this specialized care!
Dr. Bax is excellent. I would recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Bax schedules everyone for the same time (e.g.1:30PM), then doesn't show up until 2:30PM and sees patients very briefly, in no particular order. Expect to wait 3-4 hours, no matter what kind of pain you're in. He has a very terse manner and spends the absolute minimum anount of time with each patient.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Joseph A Bax accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNiagara Orthopedic Associates, 700 Park Pl, Niagara Falls, NY
Dr. Joseph A Bax is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Niagara Falls, NY.