Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph R Bertino
Dr. Joseph R Bertino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Brunswick, NJ. He has 64 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bertino is affiliated with St Peters University Hospital and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph R Bertino has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph R Bertino has the following 24 expertise
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Cancerous Tumor
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Malignant Fibrous Tissue Cancer (Fibrosarcoma)
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Joseph R Bertino has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Bertino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
64 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1954
Graduate Hospital Tenet Health
Dr. Joseph R Bertino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany St, New Brunswick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph R Bertino in this video.
Dr. Joseph R Bertino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Brunswick, NJ.