Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Biederman MD
Dr. Joseph Biederman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with other offices in Boston, MA and Boston, MA . He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Biederman has 3 locations
55 Fruit St
Boston, MA 02114
55 Fruit St Ste WACC8
Boston, MA 02114
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph Biederman has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Joseph Biederman has the following 16 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Mood Disorders
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 5
Dr biderman books too many appointments
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph Biederman - Posted on July 25th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph Biederman - Posted on March 4th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph Biederman - Posted on March 7th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph Biederman - Posted on December 2nd, 2011
Dr. Joseph Biederman - Should Not Have A Medical License
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph Biederman - Posted on July 2nd, 2010
47 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1971
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Joseph Biederman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Joseph Biederman
Dr. Biederman is Chief of the Clinical and Research Programs in Pediatric Psychopharmacology and Adult ADHD at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Professor of Psychiatry at the Harvard Medical School. Dr. Biederman is Board Certified in General and Child Psychiatry. He has been the recipient of the American Psychiatric Association Blanche Ittelson Award for Excellence in Child Psychiatric Research, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Charlotte Norbert Rieger Award for Scientific Achievement. He has been inducted into the CHADD Hall of Fame. Dr Biederman has also been selected every year since its inception into the The Best Doctors in America compilation of the best physicians in the country. In 2000, Dr. Biederman pioneered and established a Stanley Foundation Center at the Massachusetts General Hospital dedicated to the treatment of pediatric bipolar disorder.Dr. Biederman was the recipient of the 1998 NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrist award. He was also the recipient of the 2002 NARSAD Senior Investigator award.Since 2002 Dr. Biederman has been Associate Editor and from 2005-2006 Deputy Editor for Child Psychiatry in Biological Psychiatry, ranked as the third most impactful scientific journal in Psychiatry. In 2005 Dr. Biederman was appointed Chair of the section on ADHD at the World Psychiatric Association. He was also recently selected by the Massachusetts Psychiatric Society Awards committee as the recipient of the 2007 Outstanding Psychiatrist Award for Research. In 2007, Dr. Biederman received the Excellence in Research Award from the New England Council of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. He was also awarded the Mentorship Award from the Department of Psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital in September.In 2008, the American Society for Adolescent Psychiatry awarded him the William A. Schonfeld Award for outstanding achievement, excellence and dedication throughout his career in Psychiatry.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Biederman, MD - Adolescent Medicine in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Joseph Biederman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.