Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph B Blackburn has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joseph B Blackburn has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Joseph B Blackburn has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph B Blackburn is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I have been going to Dr. Blackburn for a long time. Things have definitely changed in that office. receptionist is rude.....office manager is more rude.. very curt in answering and make u feel you are bothering them. PA is learning but has a way to go yet.. I really like the Dr. but I have to go elsewhere. Terrible to lose patients over staff.
Dr Blackburn is a good dr - he listens and is there to help you - however his office staff is HORRIBLE!! The receptionist, I think her name is Courtney is always rude and has a nasty attitude! She has hung up on me and puts me on hold for a long time only to not come back on the phone - she doesn't relay important messages to the dr and you have to keep calling and play her game of getting hung up on, calls on hold and re-routed just to jump through hoops to get a message to the dr about refilling a prescription or a med change. It's ridiculous and I cannot fathom why on earth they keep her employed there, especially to work with patients. She doesn't give a good impression of the office and how great Dr. Blackburn is. I would never speak to patients like she does and treat them that way and you would think with so many qualified, pleasant and personable receptionists and medical assistants out there that she would be out the door by now!!
He's a very good doctor but has the WORST staff I have ever dealt with. Every time I've gone in or called they have always given me a hard time about something, have wanted to know personal information (that i should only be telling the doctor), have actually refused to ask him questions/leave messages, and the non-nurse practitioners have given me medical advice over the phone.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Blackburn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1988
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Joseph B Blackburn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Connect Fully Insured
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Court Family Physician, 1075 S Court St, Medina, OH
Dr. Joseph B Blackburn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Medina, OH.