Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph D Blankenship
Dr. Joseph D Blankenship, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jackson, TN. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Blankenship is affiliated with Jackson-Madison County General Hospital. Dr. Blankenship has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph D Blankenship has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Block
- Chest Pain
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Exercise Stress Test
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 8
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Blankenship is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Joseph D Blankenship accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMed North Group Pllc, 3000 Greystone Sq, Jackson, TN
Dr. Joseph D Blankenship is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, TN.