Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph C Bond Jr
Dr. Joseph C Bond Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Rolla, MO, with another office in Rolla, MO. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bond is affiliated with Phelps County Regional Medical Center. Dr. Bond has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph C Bond Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Palliative Care
Showing 4 of 4
Huge disappointment!!! My mother saw Dr. Joe Bond for a brief 6 months of cancer treatment before he said there was nothing more he could do for her. I believe it. He's in way over his head attempting to run the show with an oncology department in a small town which serves even smaller towns surrounding it. People flock to this man and the hospital promotes him as a phenomenal physician. He's anything but! He's very difficult to understand as he mumbles and looks down at the chart 99% of the time, he is very limited in his oncology expertise (most oncologist specialize further within oncology i.e.: breast, colon, lung, etc.) however, he does not have any speciality within oncology. His bedside manners are horrific as well. My mom was shamed as having "white coat syndrome" when pleading for help because her blood pressure was sky rocketing while undergoing rounds of chemo. Not the case at all, her kidneys were shutting down due to the chemo and she needed to be referred to a nephrologist, which she had to suggest to him. Thankfully we knew to get out of town sooner than later, so we went to St. Louis, which became the best decision we ever made. They have more options for treatments, physicians are specialized and have world renowned training rather than where Dr. Bond received his training..Kirksville, MO. The 100 mile drive to St. Louis could save your life!!!
Dr. Bond is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1976
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Joseph C Bond Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph C Bond Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Rolla, MO.