The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Burge
Dr. Joseph Burge, MD, FACP, FACR is a Doctor primarily located in Harrisonburg, VA, with other offices in Harrisonburg, VA and Harrisonburg, VA . He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology, Internal Medicine and Clinical Laboratory Immunology. Dr. Burge is affiliated with Rockingham Memorial Hospital and Rockingham Memorial Hospital, Harrisonburg, Va. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Burge has the following 3 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Laboratory Immunology
Clinical laboratory immunologists study and research how disease develops and how to treat and monitor various types of disease. If your doctor suspects you have an immune-mediated or autoimmune condition, like celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis or lupus, he or she will work with a laboratory immunologist to evaluate and test your immune function. They can identify any dysfunctions and work with your doctor to make a formal diagnosis.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Burge is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rockingham Memorial Hospital
Rockingham Memorial Hospital, Harrisonburg, Va
39 Years Experience
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Joseph Burge accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph Burge is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisonburg, VA.