Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph H Chang has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Eye Pain
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Dermal Fillers
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I had my original upper blepharoplasty performed in March 2015 by Dr. Chang with devastating results. Not only were my eyelids completely asymmetric after the surgery, but I had severe pain in the inner corners of my eyes immediately following the surgery with very poor healing. The scars were very think and inflamed and created a band like pull towards the inner part of the eye, directionally towards the nose. I was told that I just have bad healing, and hypertrophic scarring by Dr. Chang. Nowhere else in my body I had this problem. To the contrary, my skin always healed extremely quickly and nicely.
- Emory University School Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph H Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph H Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.