Dr. Joseph Chenger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Chenger?

A Very Professional Doctor

Posted on May 17th, 2017

I had my knee surgery in August of this year and only missed 3 1/2 weeks of work. The Doctor and his nurses were absolutely wonderful. Very Professional and I walked out of the hospital after limping in with crutches. Thank you Dr. Chenger and his nurses..

Posted on December 13th, 2016

Dr. Chenger has performed total replacements on both hips and one knee. He and his staff have always made me feel like an individual with individualized needs and not another number. I really appreciate that he takes time to address my concerns.

Anterior total hip replacement

Posted on November 25th, 2014

I was encouraged by the option of having an anterior hip replacement because I would not have any of the usual mobility limitations like crossing your legs or bending beyond a certain point. I'm not real active, but I do square dance and would like to ride a bike again. However, no surgery is without risks. When I woke up I was not able to move my leg. My femoral nerve was traumatized. It is 4 weeks post surgery and no one is able to predict if/when my femoral nerve will come back. This means I "have no quad muscle" which is necessary to lift my leg. I am in a brace and a walker. My recommendation is that you listen very closely to all of the surgical risks and understand what is the challenge if they happen to you. Dr. Chenger has been compassionate helping me to adjust to my current situation.

othropedics

Posted on August 26th, 2014

I would tell a friend not to get him for their dr.

So happy now!

Posted on July 18th, 2014

I was told 10 years ago that I needed a new knee but was terrified of the thought of doing it. I have seen several doctors in Knoxville and all had basically the same procedure in mind and I never felt reassured that that was where I was meant to be. On the way to Nashville to meet with Dr Chenger we prayed that we would know if this was meant for me. Both my husband and myself felt 100% sure we were with the right surgeon. He and his entire staff were over the top wonderful, knowledgeable, friendly, reassuring, etc. He did the surgery at Centennial and I am almost 2 weeks post op and all the therapists that work with me are amazed, saying I am 2 to 3 weeks ahead of most total knee replacement patients. I keep hearing the same remarks from so many people that have had their knees or hips done by Dr. Chenger. He promised to manage my pain as best as he could and I can honestly say I have never been over a 4 on the pain scale. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Chenger even if you don't live in Nashville. He and his staff and the staff at Centennial are worth the drive.

Broken Glass

Posted on July 8th, 2011

What a blessing to be able to walk and stand without feeling like you have broken glass in your knees. Dr Chenger did a double knee replacement for me a little over a year ago and I was on my feet the next day! I was surprised at how fast I recovered.(well, it did take more than a day ,maybe 6 weeks to completely recover,off the cane and back to dancing.)Dr. Chenger is a great Dr. and I would recommend him to everyone. I love Centennial Hospital. If you have to be in the hospital it's a great place to be.Office staff and hospital staff are great.What else can I say. Glad I had the knee replacement done!

Best doctor ever for knee surgery.

Posted on August 4th, 2010

Dr. Chenger is a great doctor. I owe my wonderful new knees and my ability to walk without pain to this man.

THE BES DOCTOR

Posted on April 9th, 2009

I choose Dr Chenger because 4 friends used him for either or shoulder surgery or knee surgery. Dr Chenger is the best. I will never use anyone else. He is the Greatest.

Amazing experience

Posted on October 22nd, 2008

Dr. Chenger is a very personable surgeon, you will like him. I had BOTH hips replaced and encountered NO PROBLEMS. This is an amazing proceedure and I have returned to virtually full level of activity, the only things I can't do are those that are restricted by the proceedure itself. I encourage those with Osteoarthritis pain to get this done, get your life back!

Posted on October 14th, 2017