Dr. Joseph A Cimino Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Joseph A Cimino?

Parent of patient with seizure disorder

Staff are helpful and courteous. No long wait times. Very caring doctor who addresses my concerns at every appointment. Very helpful and professional.

Terrible bedside manner, no respect for a parent's responsibility to be convinced we are making the right choices for our child. Seems to believe parents should not question his opinion. We now travel an hour and a half to go to a doctor who treats parents and patients with respect and makes sure that we understand the reason for treatment, know the options, as well as the pros and cons. We now feel confident in our medical choices for our child.

Get second opinions!!!!

Dr Cimino was pleasant until I got a second opinion from the Director of Neurology at Arnold Palmer. Then I got a third from a pediatric neurologist that specialized in epilepsy at Chidren's Miami. Dr Cimino diagnosed my toddler with Epilespy and had him on very strong medications that did not stop his "episodes." The Dir of Neurology at Arnold Palmer and Epilespy Specialist at Children's Miami had the same diagnosis, NOT epilepsy but migraine variant. We are on much different medications and episodes decreased significantly. DO NOT see this Doctor. And always get a second and sometimes third opinion even if you have to drive to Orlando. Kojic is wonderful and sees patients. She has 2 nurse practitioners that are happy to answer phone questions. And we always see the doctor with our visits. True professional

Great doctor needs a better nurse to handle his office.

My child and I were very happy with how Dr. Cimino handled each visit. Unfortunately he needs a new nurse to handle the office. He is a great doctor who knows his stuff but with a nurse who is abusive, rude and does not submit referrals to other specialists on time. If as a parent you question her you better be ready for her superiority complex and argumentative behavior. Sadly we have had to find a new doctor to handle our child do to the fact that this nurse is the primary nurse that all patients have to deal with and there is no way not to be subject to her negative attitude and her lax way of approaching getting things done. It is unfortunate from our experience and what we have seen she controls the office to smooth it over and hide the behavior and the wrongs so as not to be detected but at the patients cost. No good. Low rating do to the nurse only. Such a shame to have to miss out on a great doctor because of bad staff.

A great doctor with a wonderful support staff.

Dr. Cimino and his staff are excellent. The doctor is great about returning after hours calls, even at inconvenient times. He's always calm, easy to talk to and willing to answer questions. The staff are fantastic, and willing to go to extraordinary lengths to help with anything, including dealing with miserable and unreasonable insurance companies. They're the best.

A doctor that takes the time to check things out...

I am thankful we found Dr. Cimino. He was the one who caught my child's low blood sugar in the lab reports that for some reason the other previous doctor at emergency care never mentioned and had actually written off as a lab error. To make matters worse my child's primary care provider never even bothered to order any lab tests at all but just made a referral to Cimino causing a month long delay and if we would not have taken it upon ourselves to get our child blood tests at the emergency care facility none would have been done. Unfortunately the emergency care facility did not look into the results further and really dropped the ball claiming the results were a lab error. It was Dr. Cimino who spotted it and took action. The wait time to get into Cimino was a month but was still quicker than other specialists we contacted by a couple weeks. Dr. Cimino took the time to order a more thorough test to make sure and it turned out my childs blood sugar levels were in fact way below normal. I am pleased at how he handled the situation and how his office is ran. I also like how the office atmosphere is set up. It is clean and inviting. It is decorated in a relaxed setting style that allows my child to feel more at ease. I am happy to have Dr. Cimino looking after my child.

Competent, capable.

I've got nothing bad to say about him. He speaks directly and sometimes over your head (medically), but he will quickly clarify. He treats us like adults, not coddling us or sucking up. If you need someone to treat you like you a princess, this is not the doctor for you. He speaks with our toddler son, does not ignore him or seem to dislike kids. He followed our previous neuro's path and put him on a newer medication that has done wonders. His staff is fine, but again, if you need to treated like a rock star go somewhere else. They are competent, and friendly enough for us. The important point for us is that Dr. Cimino knows what he is doing.

Dr. Cimino followed my son for 3 years because of a complicated birth and recently diagnosed him with epilepsy. I have read the negative reviews before, and would like to provide an optimistic view, but I have some concerns that I hope might help other parents. When Dr. Cimino diagnosed my son with epilepsy (a big, scary, life-changing event, in my opinion - he was not having conventional seizures), he didn't provide any information but simply rambled off the type of seizures, handed me a prescription for medication and labs, and sent me out the door. When I scheduled a follow up appointment to ask questions, Dr. Cimino took the time to address my textbook questions about epilepsy, but, as soon as I questioned the course of treatment, he quickly launched into complicated medical jargon and made it very clear that the conversation stopped there. My son's other doctors have considered it important to educate me about serious diagnoses, so Dr. Cimino's response surprised me. We have since moved to a major city (we've "traded up" neurologists, Dr. Cimino told us), and my son's new neurological team doesn't think he has or has ever had epilepsy. I felt Dr. Cimino had a preconceived notion about my son and was looking for a diagnosis to support that. In doing so, he missed the opportunity to really learn what was happening to my son, and he seemed to consider me more of a nuisance than an ally in figuring out the best course.

We have seen Dr. Cimino for 4 years. He is always prompt, answers every question I have and is great with my daughter. He is quick and to the point but will sit and answer questions if you have them. He doesnt sugar coat anything but he is far from rude. He is just matter of fact. He knows his stuff, stays current on the research, and is very accessible even after hours when he is needed. The current office staff is great albeit very busy. I second another reviewer that said Id take a great doctor any day over a doctor that may be more warm fuzzy but isnt as good with the medical side.

Never had a bad experience

Wow! How do you get dentist office from eye Dr? Dr Cimino has been nothing but professional and prompt. Never had to wait always in and out. My son has been a patient going on three years now. He is not overly friendly but I'd rather have a well educated professional that knows his stuff than someone who wants to be my child's friend. His staff has always been extremely helpful, had one issue in three years with a script and she apologized and admitted it was her fault it was done and over. Overall Dr. Cimino is very good Dr.

Never a problem here--good experiences

My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Cimino since she was a baby. She will be 7 this summer. He's not necessarily very warm and fuzzy, but he has always treated us respectfully and addressed our concerns completely. I've never had an issue with the office staff myself, although I have overheard them be a bit curt on the phone with others. Overall, I feel like we've received an excellent level of care for my daughter's neurological health needs. That is the most important thing in my opinion.

doctor and office staff not pediatric friendly, atmosphere is sterile and bare, breath a sigh of relief when consultatins were over. Would travel to orlando if ever needed again!