Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Collins has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Joseph Collins has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 4 of 4
I have been to multiple doctors in many different specialties over my life. I am seeing Dr. Collins as my primary care physician. I haven't waited in the lobby for more than a minute before than being seen, he immediately understood my medical conditions and gave me a slip for testing to verify his diagnosis, along with proper prescriptions. He is the only doctor in the Arizona area I have been to that actually is always getting to root causes of any problems I may be having, doesn't mind if you ask multiple questions about any medical issues/concerns, and makes sure you understand what may be going on with your condition. I am genuinely impressed and would recommend him to anybody if they are looking for a new primary care physician.
Dr. Collins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
A.T. Still University - Kirksville
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph Collins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.