Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald Collins has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I started seeing Dr. Collins 20 years ago even though I have a long drive to his office. He is the best doctor I ever had. Dr. Collins is very knowledgeable and makes accurate diagnosis every time. Having a pharmacy background also helps him to prescribe the best medicines that suit me. He spends time in educating and explaining my ailments to me. He never rushes through the appointment. He is the most courteous and kind doctor I have encountered. Thank you Dr. Collins!
We both see Dr. Collins & it's helpful that he sees the dynamics of a husband /wife unit. Very professional & he knows his stuff. He takes the time to educate you if you have questions. While the wait sometimes can have you wondering, you know when you are with him he takes all the time necessary to make sure you all your needs are addressed. We are forever grateful for his outstanding medical care.
Dr. Collins is one of the best doctors in the Downey area. Every visit I have, always have positive outcomes. He listen to the patient and never rush you out of his office. For the past 25 years I have been very please with this doctor and even though most of the time you have some waiting to see him, it is worthed :)
Dr. Collins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bellflower Medical Center
Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Bellflower
28 Years Experience
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Ronald Collins accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions9449 Imperial Hwy, Downey, CA
Dr. Ronald Collins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Downey, CA.