Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph D Austin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Joseph D Austin has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Dr. Joseph D Austin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph D Austin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Austin was ok. Not terribly talkative- didn't really try to get to know me or ask about me- just down to business. No kids allowed in the office (sign on the door says no kids under age 12) which seems a bit ironic for an OB's office not to be child-friendly. Waited an hour past my appointment time.
After the labor and delivery nurses did not let me out of the bed to have a bowel movement I pushed one out while delivering my baby girl. He says "ugh, someone needs to clean this up." Then he screwed his face up. Was it really necessary for him to say anything? If I had done it on purpose I would have made sure it was runny! How can you be an OBGYN and be that bothered by what comes out of a woman's body? We are told to push like we are having a bm, so bm sometimes happens. Maybe he should be serving grub in the cafeteria!
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Joseph D Austin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVicksburg Clinic For Women, 100 Maxwell Dr, Vicksburg, MS
Dr. Joseph D Austin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vicksburg, MS.