Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph D Schulman
Dr. Joseph D Schulman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Clinical Genetics (M.D.), Medical Genetics and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Dr. Schulman is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph D Schulman has the following 5 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.)
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Neural Tube Defects
- Fanconi Syndrome
- Diffuse Cerebral Sclerosis of Schilder (Alpers Syndrome)
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Phenylketonurias (PKU)
- Kidney Failure (Uremia)
- Body Weight
- Hot Flashes
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Inborn Errors of Amino Acid Metabolism
- Genetic Disorders (Inborn Genetic Diseases)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Mental Retardation
- Addison Disease (Adrenoleukodystrophy)
- Growth Disorders
- Homocystinuria (Cystathionine beta synthase deficiency)
- Fetal Diseases
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Inherited Metabolism Diseases (Inborn Metabolism Errors)
- Huntington Disease
- Chromosome Disorders
- Glucosephosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency
- Fetal Growth Retardation
- Kidney Disease
- Fragile X Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Schulman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Harvard Medical School
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Joseph D Schulman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGenetics And Ivf Institute, 3015 Williams Dr Ste 300, Fairfax, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph D Schulman in this video.
Dr. Joseph D Schulman is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.