Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph F Deblasi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph F Deblasi has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Joseph F Deblasi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 66
After making my appointment, the disorganized office staff called me back two separate times to clarify information I had already given them. Dr. DeBlasi was over an hour late arriving to the office on the day of my appointment. He ordered bloodwork, but put several nonspecific lab codes, so Quest wasn't sure which tests to perform. It then took me two weeks of persistently calling the office to obtain a copy of my bloodwork, and that outcome was only achieved by finally telling the office staff that it is illegal to deny a patient access to medical records. Dr. DeBlasi never called me to explain my results. I had to go to another doctor for follow up. I would not recommend Dr. DeBlasi.
Happen to like him a lot . He's been a doctor a long time he knows what he's doing . Truly upset to see a few negative comments about him . Give him a break . Now personally I work in a doctors office I understand what the staff has to deal with you don't understand there's a lot of different doctors working in that office , everyone seems to think they are the only patient and they should bend over backwards for you . They have a lot of stuff to deal with , and if they're nasty it's probably because you're bothering them checking up on them a lot to make sure they're doing their job . Diblasi is a good doctor . I recommend him .
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Deblasi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1969
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Joseph F Deblasi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Physicians Group, 65 Rose Ave, Staten Island, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph F Deblasi in this video.
Dr. Joseph F Deblasi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.