Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph DeSantola
Dr. Joseph DeSantola, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Hendersonville, NC. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. DeSantola is affiliated with Park Ridge Hospital, Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System and Albert Einstein Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph DeSantola has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cholesterol Management
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Lipid Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
After Dr. DeSantola's relocation (smart move!) to North Carolina, I was one of his early "new" patients at Park Ridge Cardiology. As a Septuagenarian, I am well experienced with physicians (especially Johns Hopkins physicians). After Dr. DeSantola's initial and lengthy visit, consultation, examination and diagnosis, I was, and am, very impressed. As an academic doctor myself, I am usually pretty good at detecting genuine top-notch professionals. I consider Joseph DeSantola to be among the best.
Dr. DeSantola is very experienced and caring doctor. He always spends enough time with me in every single visit I make unlike some other doctors who seem to treat the medical profession like business. Dr. DeSantola explains everything very clearly and answers questions very satisfactorily. He is the only doctor who found the right medication and dose to treat my condition. He improved the quality of my life! He is truly wonderful and awesome and a rare gem in medical field!
Dr. DeSantola is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Park Ridge Hospital
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Albert Einstein Medical Center
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Hospital of the University of PA
Pennsylvania Hospital Of University of Pennsylvani
Presbyterian Medical Center Of The University Of Pennsylvania Health System
32 Years Experience
Washington University at St. Louis
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Joseph DeSantola accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph DeSantola in this video.
Dr. Joseph DeSantola is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.