Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joseph A Desautels
Dr. Joseph A Desautels, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Montgomery, AL. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Desautels is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center East. Dr. Desautels has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph A Desautels has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Joseph A Desautels has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
Dr. Joseph A Desautels has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph A Desautels is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Joseph Desautels. I am a young woman who was new to the area and he is one of the best doctors I have ever had. Dr. Desautels is not only a wonderful doctor but he also made me feel very comfortable. I was not afraid to ask questions and he did not make me feel rushed. I will make him my permanent doctor and couldn't have had a better experience.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Desautels is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1995
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Joseph A Desautels accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Assoc, 495 Taylor Rd, Montgomery, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph A Desautels, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Montgomery, AL, in this video.
Dr. Joseph A Desautels is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Montgomery, AL.